Software Development Manager
The Software Development Manager (SoDM) will report to the CTO.
The SoDM manages the Hyarchis software development teams (currently approx. 20 people) in Amsterdam, Eindhoven and Lithuania. The candidate will manage these developers and (potentially in the future) testers to deliver Hyarchis products and solutions for a variety of markets and industries. The position requires mentoring and direction of developers in the full software lifecycle of requirements, design, testing, and deployment of solutions. The right candidate has a mixture of leadership and software strengths.
The SoDM will also be responsible for delivering defining projects (solutions) to customers. Defining projects are those projects in which a product or solution evolves and matures before it is ready for large scale deployment (training, standardized deployment, application management framework, consultant tooling need to be available). The SoDM will work closely with the Service Delivery Manager to deliver these projects and manage the transition of a project from “defining” to “standard”.
Responsibilities and Duties
The SoDM is responsible for:
- Collaborating with CTO, product manager(s), architects, the Service Delivery Manager, the Sales Engineer/Solution Architect, the other product stakeholders, and team members in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Building and managing a multi-location development team.
- Establishing, managing and evolving the development processes.
- Becoming a domain expert for the requirements and implementation.
- Establishing and maintaining development schedules.
- Requirements review and estimation.
- Participation in technical reviews.
- Developing complex products and solutions.
- Ensuring delivery commitments are being addressed according to the approved plans.
- Providing leadership on software architecture issues as needed.
- Lead process improvements to increase efficiency, productivity, and smoothness of operations.
- Delivering and effective demo infrastructure and demo materials.
Qualifications, skills and other requirements
For this role Hyarchis is looking for a candidate with the following:
- Hands-on mentality.
- Customer and service-oriented.
- Ability to connect people.
- Ability to take ownership.
- Transparent communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in information systems, computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of software development experience or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in managing teams.
- Experience with direct customer interfacing and relationship management.
- Experience with managing teams in multiple locations.
- Excellent project management skills (schedule, staffing, risks management).
- Experience in hands-on, in-depth analysis, including technical review and analysis of source code.
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration.
- Understanding of different technology stacks, development environments and development/project management tools.
- A generic understanding of cloud solutions, cloud platforms and development for the cloud.
- Professional presentation experience.
- Experience in working for small to midsize software companies.
The candidate, based in Kaunas (Lithuania), Eindhoven or Amsterdam (The Netherlands) is able and willing to travel, primarily to the three development locations but also occasionally to clients in the Netherlands and outside the Netherlands.
Experience in business process management software and document management software is a plus.
Interested in this vacancy?
Apply now! Send your CV and motivation to email@example.com