Solution Sales Engineer
The Solution Sales Engineer (SSE) will report to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO).
The SSE is the primary link between the Hyarchis sales team and product development and services delivery teams. The SSE understands all Hyarchis products and solutions and supports the sales team in aligning these with the customer requirements, but at the same time the SSE will feed market and customer requirements back to product development in order to evolve the Hyarchis solutions.
The SSE provides pre-sales support and definition of the customer specific solution architecture design for projects. In the pre-sales role the SSE aligns the Hyarchis solutions with the customer requirements in the project architecture. The SSE will also design, in cooperation with the Solution Architect (Product Development), generic solutions for target markets. These generic solutions will typically be developed in so-called “defining” projects. Defining projects are those projects in which a product or solution evolves and matures before it is ready for large scale deployment.
The SSE collaborates with the sales team (business developers), the development team (primarily solution architect and product management) and the service delivery team.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Sales Engineer is responsible for:
- Designing solution architectures based on the Hyarchis products and solutions, ready to be implemented by the service delivery team.
- Requirement management for market specific solutions, in cooperation with the solution architect, that can be handed over to the development team for product development or for “defining” projects.
- Preparing and giving standard and custom demonstrations for customers, prospects and partners.
- The handling of all pre-sales technical issues professionally and efficiently.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of Hyarchis products.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of Hyarchis solution architectures.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of content repositories and workflow systems.
- Understanding the role of Hyarchis solutions in supporting business processes.
- Responding to technical questions in RFI/P/Qs.
- Providing feedback to Product Development regarding new features, improving product performance, and eliminating bugs in the product.
- Preparing the Professional Services team for efficient installations – professionally managing the transition from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Providing advices to partners and customers regarding integration of Hyarchis products with other solutions, including those of the partner.
- Translating customers’ requirements into demo material, including mock-ups.
After initial training and learning-on-the job, the SE must be able to:
- Position Hyarchis products and solutions in various verticals.
- Understand the components that make each the solution and why.
- Define vertical solutions.
- Act as the sparring partner for the Solution Architect (product development) , Product Management and UI/UX designer.
- Explain the business value/value proposition.
- Describe sample use cases.
- Describe reference customers.
- Understand the applicability of the technology i.e. where the solution is a good fit and where it is a bad fit.
- Deliver product presentations and demonstrations.
- Understand and explain the underlying technology concepts.
- Explain and discuss the general product architecture – understanding of how all of the components fit together technically as well as how they integrate and work with external technologies.
Qualifications, skills and other requirements
For this role Hyarchis is looking for a candidate with the following:
- Hands-on mentality.
- Customer and service-oriented.
- Ability to connect people.
- Ability to take ownership.
- Transparent communicator.
- Positive-critical attitude.
- Enthusiastic and energetic.
- Communications/Listening Skills, including but not limited to professional writing.
- Commercial sense.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an implementation consultant, pre-sales or solution architect role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in information systems, computer science, information technology or a related discipline, or equivalent years of experience.
- Professional presentation experience.
- Ability to travel, primarily in the Netherlands, to the Hyarchis offices and to customer locations, and occasionally outside of the Netherlands.
- Knowledge and experience with one or more programming languages.
- Experience in business process management software is a plus.
- Analysis/Discovery: ability to plan for and conduct an Interview with the prospect and/or customer to determine the true business requirements to help build a valid business case.
- Project Management: critical path analysis to do risk assessment, problem decomposition and resource estimation.
- Sales & Presentation skills: professional presentation skills and experience in team selling and solution selling methodologies.
- Time Management skills.
- Industry/General Technology Knowledge: a high-level understanding of networking and operating system concepts, software architectures, API usage, software development, .NET, RESTful API’s, document management, search and the ability to quickly learn about new technologies.
Interested in this vacancy?
Apply now! Send your CV and motivation to email@example.com