Service Delivery Manager
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) will report to the CTO and the CCO.
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) manages a number of key customer focused functions in the Hyarchis organization: professional services (implementation projects), product support, outsourced managed services and hosting. These functions are currently split over two teams, a professional services team with implementation consultants and one team for the other functions, called the support and managed services team.
The SDM will have to further develop and structure these functions, including developing standardized methodologies, Service Level Agreements, policies etc. The organization needs to change from ad-hoc to standardization and (where possible) productization and service and service & support needs to evolve from product-centric to customer-centric. The economic goal is to substantially increase revenue from standardized services.
The SDM ensures the provided services occurs in accordance with a Statement of Work or project plan and/or Service Level Agreement with the customers. The SDM is accountable for overall performance of these functions. The SDM establishes policies designed to ensure consistently high service performance, monitor employees and evaluate customer feedback to develop quality improvement processes.
Some projects are “defining projects” (solutions) for customers. Defining projects are those projects in which a product or solution evolves and matures before it is ready for large scale deployment. Defining projects are the responsibility of the Software Development Manager (SoDM) will work closely with the SDM to deliver these projects and manage the transition of a project from “defining” to “standard”. It’s the SDM’s responsibility that this transition happens in a timely, consistent and safe manner. Pre-requisites for the transition are training material, standardized deployment, an application management framework and consultant tooling.
The position requires mentoring and direction of implementation consultants and other personnel in both teams. The position also requires building long-lasting relationships with customers. The right candidate has a mixture of leadership and customer relationship skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
The SDM is responsible for:
- Collaboration with CTO, CCO, CSM (Customer Success Manager) and team members in order to achieve the organization’s goal.
- Managing the order-to-payment process in collaboration with Sales and Project Administration/Finance.
- Building and managing the service delivery teams.
- Becoming a domain expert for the requirements and implementation process.
- Requirements review and estimation.
- Accountable for approved planning and estimates.
- Ensuring delivery commitments are being addressed according to the approved plans.
- Lead process improvements to increase efficiency, productivity, and smoothness of operations.
- Accountable for managing successful professional services delivery for multiple customers and partners.
- Serves as the primary point of contact to the customers regarding overall service delivery.
- Manage transition from project delivery to production phase.
- Ensures that implementations and ongoing services are delivered on time and meet customer requirements by maintaining tight control over the project schedule, risks, scope of work, budgeted hours and quality. Also, ensures SLAs and KPI as defined in the relevant contracts are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for establishing monitoring and reporting procedures as well as on-going monitor and reporting.
- Manage and proactively resolve escalated customer issues including critical or severity 1 issues.
- Ensures that operational teams (and, potentially, subcontractors) maintain a clear understanding of the customer’s needs and priorities and provides day-to-day customer advice and support.
- SLA Management.
- Identifies, manages and mitigates service risks – develops and implements a corresponding plan of action if risks materialize.
- Builds and maintains strong and long-term customer relationships through clear and concise written and verbal communications, increasing trust and involvement, reducing ambiguity and conflict.
- Motivate, inspire and mentor project team members to excel in service delivery. Responsible for managing all service delivery resources from both teams on a day-to-day basis.
- Partner with and develop positive relationships with other Hyarchis stakeholders, including Product Management and Software Development; build trusting relationships with partners and vendors.
- Performing all job functions consistent with Hyarchis and customer(s) standards, policies, processes and procedures.
Qualifications, skills and other requirements
For this role Hyarchis is looking for a candidate with the following:
- Hands-on mentality.
- Customer and service-oriented.
- Ability to connect people.
- Ability to take ownership.
- Transparent communicator.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in information systems, computer science, information technology, software engineer or equivalent education/experience.
- 4+ years of experience managing end to end delivery of professional services and solutions to customers.
- 4+ years of experience in Support and/or Managed Services as well as customer relationship management role.
- 4+ years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated breadth and depth of operational service delivery management expertise, with a track record of achieving objectives, including revenue/profitability, SLAs, specific account KPIs and customer satisfaction targets.
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to interface at all levels typically at senior manager/director level.
- Ability to establish and enforce effective project methodologies and processes.
- Strong technical knowledge/aptitude.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and willingness to provide exceptional customer service. Ability to maintain composure and positive attitude when handling unexpected challenges and competing demands.
- Ability to engage in process improvement and developing new efficient means of execution.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills in the Dutch and English languages. Strong analytical, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Experience in working for small to midsize software companies.
The candidate is able and willing to travel, to the Amsterdam and Eindhoven locations and to clients/partners in the Netherlands and outside the Netherlands. It is currently expected that the SDM will spend on average three days per week in Hyarchis office locations, of which at least 2 in Amsterdam.
Experience in business process management software and document management software is a plus.
Interested in this vacancy?
Apply now! Send your CV and motivation to email@example.com